Friday, October 14, 2011

Nation of immigrants

What I think it means to be a nation of immigrants is that we, as the United States of America, are not just made up of one religion, color or ethnicity but It means that were are exactly the opposite of that. I don't think that there is a group of people who have singly shaped the culture of America, because of all the different practices America is made up of. When I do think about the people who moved from their original homelands to come to America and try and successfully create a better life style for themselves and family ,I do not think solely about the natives, or Europeans who claimed to be the first settlers. I think about how the Slavs, Germans, poles, Africans, Hispanics, British have come together to give off one stuck cultural shape of America. When I say "stuck" I mean that each group of settler has it's ways of doing things they way they were used to. And working with another ethnicity group without problems and becoming loving neighbors who care about the satisfaction of one another, is the cultural shape, that has been stuck of in America

No comments:

Post a Comment